Personal Stylist LONDON AcademY
TRAIN TO BE A PERSONAL STYLIST WITH THE STYLIST LONDON ACADEMY
to be the best you have to train with the best. join celebrity personal and fashion stylist the hon. isobel kershaw and her team of professional experts at the stylist London academy to launch your dream career as a personal stylist
Whether you are a school leaver, university graduate or want to find a career that you can fit around existing family commitments, our Personal Stylist course will give you all the skills you need to break into the exciting world of styling. Established fashion stylists and Bloggers who want to take their business to the next level will also benefit form our expertise to give them the edge in a competitive and ever evolving industry.
Isobel Kershaw - The course director.
Clare Pinkney - Make up artist
Gustav Fouche - Hair stylist
Claire Wacey - Fashion stylist
Philip Sykes - Business Etiquette trainer
What the course covers
- Personal styling for women.
- Understanding the wardrobe session.
- Preparing and conducting the styling experience.
- Body shapes and how to dress.
- An in-depth understanding of brand fit to body shape.
- Trends and brands.
- Bra fitting.
- Creative colour in fashion.
- The art of accessorising.
- How to set up your own website and run it independently.
- How to set up your own business and how to apply for roles in the industry.
- Blogging – how to do it well. All the top tips on what works successfully.
- Instagramming – How to get noticed and create the perfect photo.
- Photography – essential photography knowledge for a professional finish.
- Videography – Setting up your you tube channel and creating impactful videos.
- Beauty – Add another skillset to your business with an accredited beauty workshop to enable you to not only give advice on makeup but also apply it. Another bonus is that you will also learn best tips for you to ensure you are groomed to perfection every day.
- Hair – Another add on to the competitive edge of styling is the ability to give advice and direction on hair styles. What’s on trend, what styles suit your client, hair care and easy updos.
- The revision module – this module will be on the last day and with feedback from the students we will devise a day to revise certain aspects of the week. We will also have guest speakers on this day to cover areas such as trend forecasting, the anti-ageing business and many more.
- As part of the training package, each student is entitled to 1 day’s work experience in one of the areas of styling. This day is booked in after the course.
Who is our student
For anyone who would like to start their career in styling, this course covers everything to prepare you successfully to join the industry, whether you are looking to set up your own business, whether you want to be a fashion stylist, or whether you want to join a retail team, we have all the expertise to help launch you into this exciting new career.
You may also be a stylist who has started out with little training and not have the confidence in some aspects of the job. The Stylist academy is devised in such a way that you can pick and choose the modules that you need training on.
Many established stylists still need to keep up with the ever changing diversities of this job, and therefore areas such as social media are key to keeping you at the top of your game. This course will train you specifically on how to use social media successfully in the styling world.
HOW WE ENSURE WE ARE UNIQUE
Unlike many styling course companies, we are an active styling business as well and so not only can we offer work experience for you , but also job opportunities. We only offer work to those stylists who have completed our course to ensure they deliver the same high standards.
All of our trainers are qualified to train- this is essential to keeping the standards of a training academy. Each trainer is also an entrepreneur themselves with existing successful companies, which ensures their skills are practised and up to date.
We promise to support our students beyond the intensive training week. The week is intense with so much information to take in. So many of my past students over the past 10 years still keep in contact and feel very comfortable in asking me advice. We love to create a stylist network and organise gatherings so that you feel part of a group of likeminded people to inspire and energise you.
We offer a days revision which gives you the opportunity to come back with your group and discuss your progress to date and revise areas you feel you need extra help on.
PRICE - £350 PER DAY if you would like to do a few of the modules
£1700 FOR THE 5 DAY COURSE PLUS 2 WORK DAYS WITH THE TEAM
NEW DATES JUST OUT FOR THE NEXT COURSE
1st - 5th october 2018.
CENTRAL LONDON LOCATION
Enquire now about Early Bird offers.
What to expect.
You will have a full on schedule for the week which will include homework aswell, so ensure you are fully prepared to get immersed in your new career training. Each day consists of the following modules.
Monday week one
1.What does it take to be a top personal stylist.
2. Trends and how to use them in all aspects of styling.
3. Brand knowledge
4. Intro to body shapes
1. Brands, blocks and body shapes.
2. Bra fitting and shapewear.
3. Creative Colour and the art of accessorising.
4. preparing for the wardrobe appointment. The paper work.
1. Wardrobe management
2. Intro to Presentation skills
2. Preparing for the styling session
Out on a Styling session.
1.Review of the styling session as part of a presentation
2. Your business ethos and etiquette.
3. Personal brand development skills
On completion of the course you will receive a certificate endorsed by your trainers.
(Note. A styling course does not need to have a certified endorsement to be able to practise.)
1.Makeup. how to create the perfect look for yourself and advise your clients on top tips and brands
1. Blogging-how to do it well. All the top tips on what works successfully
2 Videography-Setting up your you tube channel and creating impactful videos
1. hair - learn how to present yourself in terms of your hair - styles to suit and changing your look. How to use this knowledge to advise your client- hair trends, colour, maintenance and product.
2. presentation skills - everyone needs to have this skill to ensure they are confident when presenting to a group or to camera. learn top tips on presentation skills that will elevate your ability to network and advertise your business. learn how to feel confident and calm before a presentation as well as how to enjoy rather than fear standing in front of an audience.
How the course can work for you.
If you are a personal stylist but would like to join us on any of the single days to brush up on your skills, you can book any of the days you would like to attend.
If you are a budding stylist and starting from scratch, you will be booking all 5 days. With this, you will also receive a free revision day with a trainer to discuss your business plan and revise any areas you are not confident with. You will also receive a work experience day working with one of the stylists or trainers on any area of the business subject to bookings. This can be a wardrobe or styling session, a fashion shoot, and event or a training day.
If you would like to do a course but would like to budget over the course of a few months, you can receive a one to one training programme which can be week day or weekend based. The fee for a one to one session is £475 per day.
If you would like to join a course in the future, please do register your interest with us. We can start a budget plan for you whereby you can pay into your training account over the months leading up to your course.
Be aware of early bird offers, as we will promote them before each course.
Check out the blog on key considerations when choosing a course.
I decided to sign on for the Personal Styling Course on the year, in fact the week of a very big birthday & celebrated it on the day with most of my other team students after a shopping day, just what I needed as a moral booster!It was a steep learning curve, with a huge amount of information to absorb, but as it was close to my heart, well worth it.
Isobel is such a professional, with a wealth of knowledge, having worked in the fashion industry for many years & knows her brands impeccably - showing me which brands & price points I could relate to - great for me personally & for future stepping out on my own to advise clients!
The course was a wonderful experience & I’m thoroughly glad I did it! Thank you Isobel (& of course the rest of your team!!)
D. Jordan Personal Stylist / Interior Designer