The stylist London academy
We pride ourselves in being the power house of expert training where each trainer is qualified to train to a level of excellence only offered here at TSL Academy. Our USP is obvious as each trainer is authentic and expert in their field with the passion to deliver inspirational training to ensure the next top fashion, beauty and total image advisors are expert in their new businesses. We have the knowledge and more importantly the training skills to tailor make our programmes for experience excellence be it in retail, fashion, etiquette, beauty and total image.
Investing in yourself, your business, or your company with the right training reaps rewards and service excellence that is imperative in this industry. Take a look at our training departments and take the next step by emailing or calling to get closer to success and your career dream.
The Stylist London Academy Training team
Isobel Kershaw - Course and training director
BA (Hons) degree in fashion and Textiles. Working with designers - Jacques Azagury, Loewe, Alfedo Caral. Assistant Manager Ted Baker.Acting Director at Harrods. Head of buying and Product Director for Frank Usher. Founder and Director of IK Stylist. Training and Styling Director NHJ Style. Founder and Director The Stylist. London.
Gustav Fouche - Hair specialist.
Gustav Fouche is one of the most sought after hairstylists in London. Creating looks for red carpet and runway shows, editorial shoots and TV commercials, south African born, Gustav has been an expert in the business for over 13 years. He works with TSLA mainly for The Heathrow training.
Philip Sykes - Etiquette training expert
Philip is one of the guest speakers and his inspirational talks regarding mindset and EQ, will energise you to gain that determination to drive yourself forward to turn your new skills into a business.
Clare Pinkney - Make up artist and trainer
Clare is a regular quest speaker for TSLA. Her unique training skills will up-level your skill set to not only apply your own makeup to perfection but to also give you some insider tips to pass on to your clients.
Claire Wacey - Personal stylist.
Claire was one of my first students 10 years ago and she won the internship with Isobel which springboard her to success in the styling industry. Her background was acting and hair styling , however with hard work and determination she has now not only been a successful stylist for the past 10 years but has launched her own brand Tilbea.
She works with TSLA with the students on their styling practical tasks and is another credit to the team.
· The benefits you receive by when choosing to learn with The Stylist London Academy.
5 days intensive practical course which from day one, makes you feel like a stylist in the making!
· Small groups of likeminded people who all have the same passion!
· Fashion industry insider knowledge –
How a concept collection gets from the design room to the shop floor.
Retailers and their relationship with Stylists.
Grading and its impact on brand sizing.
Who influences the trends and how they are established each season.
An Understanding of pattern cutting theory and how you can pull the right pieces for different body shapes with this knowledge.
· Understanding colour correctly within the fashion industry. How to choose it in terms of a complete outfit. A the correct way to advise your client on how to choose colour.
· How to conduct a successful wardrobe to ensure you feel confident about assessing a client’s wardrobe.
· A practical realistic task of a styling session out in the stores so that you can put into practise all you have learnt in the classroom.
· Guaranteed ongoing support to turn your new skills into a business.
· A network of people, not only your colleagues but also your tutors.
· Exposure to events such as Fashion week, press shows, brand visits.
· Introductions to key people in the fashion business including personal shoppers, retailers and associate collaborators.
· Essential work experience under the wing of an expert to see how an appointment really works. You will be able to practise your own skills safely which will increase your confidence to the next level.
· You will meet past students who have become fully fledged stylists to inspire you in your journey to become a successful stylist.
· An invitation to join the next Academy free of charge so that you can revise any areas you wish to and meet new students to pass on your own experiences.
· Job opportunities working with TSL. We offer a vast range of job opportunities only to our qualified stylists – working with The British Fashion Council, Clients, retail events such as with Reiss and John Lewis, fashion styling and etiquette workshops.